I was thinking of how I can be better to the world in the shower today (while trying step by step to unwind). It’s hard not to constantly stress about the state of the planet and these little things have helped me turn that anxiety into action (no matter how small). Do what you can and don’t beat your self up 🙂
- When you don’t need one ask for no receipt.
- Pack your own lunch in a reusable lunch container.
- Go thrifting! Also, this is so fun because there’s nothing more rewarding than getting a unique piece for way cheaper then you would at a place that makes thousands of the same item.
- Bring your own water bottle from home and refill it when you drink it all instead of buying a disposable plastic water bottle. And if you do forget and need to buy a plastic water bottle refill it and use it a few times before you toss it.
- Wash your hair less. I used to wash my hair every time I got in the shower (every day) and then I read how actually this isn’t good for your hair and strips it of your natural oils that make it shiny and healthy-looking. I now wash my hair once every few showers and go through shampoo and conditioner a lot less then I used to and my hair looks way better than before. Win, win.
- See if you could be a paper towel/napkin free home and use rags and cloth napkins instead.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.