I can’t tell y’all how happy I am that 2019 is over. It had me all types of fucked up 🙂 Here are my favorite things of my favorite month of last year. Yes, I am late and writing from the first day of the new year and now I’m writing even later and publishing on the 7th day of the new year (#procrastination).
1.The 52 List Series: This year I am gonig to really try to be an organized person who knows whats important to her and priotitzes those things and people. These books are so asthetically pleasing and fun to use and helpful. I have the planner and the 52 list project book. I’m also a very type A person and enjoy planning things and it makes me feel in control. If you’re like this then you’ll love these books so you can pretend to have control over your life lmao.
2. Lip gloss: I’m having a new renaissance of lip gloss. I like how it makes you look fresh and healthy and alive. The way I’ve been sleeping or not sleeping, I need all the help I can get. My favorites are this one and this one.
3. Packing cubes: Every instagram travel influencer raves about these and like everything else they recommend I usually take it as white noice and ignore it. But as someone who has never done a good job packing I thought it would be worth a try. It is really helpful cause it helps you sort your suitcase like it’s drawers. Also it looks way less stressful than a bunch of clothes that were once carefully folded and is not chaos. My mottos is less chaos 2020. I got these ones cause they were cheapest and came in a pretty light blue.
4. These are so pretty that they are making the transition from christmas decoration to winter decoration.
5. Carne asada: both the party and the meat. I went to Mexico for Christmas break and learned so much about my own culture. I’ve missed out on a lot by living so far from the Mexican side of my family. I had never in my life experienced food that was so rich and whipped up like it was nothing. I was emotional the whole trip learning about my grandparents and discovering the stories of their lives that I never knew. I was emotional at the carne asada listening to my dad and his sister cry and sing mariachi, I was emotional trying the smooth guacamole salsa verde, I was emotional struggling to speak Spanish to my relatives that didn’t speak English and I was emotional sipping my cafe on the patio in the sun while dogs ran about. And now one of my 2020 resolutions is to learn how to cook Mexican food (especially tamales, menudo, posole and tacos). My best friend whose boriqua and I are gonna do Sunday dinner every other week and one week will be Mexican food and the next week will be Puerto Rican food and we will learn both of our cultures cuisine together.
- The cycle of being broke so buying a cheap computer and then the computer breaking and then having it break and then buying another cheap computer and now I’m almost at the ammount of money it would take to buy the computer I actually want new (macbook air)
- January and Feburary. What are the bright sides? Shitty freezing slushymonths with a holiday that is only fun if you’re in love and there’s a lot of us who aren’t. And some of us are starving in these new diets smh.
- Milk going bad so damn quickly. It’s a real rough start to my morning when my coffee is ready but my milk is… rotten.