I am so charmed by this dress and want it so badly. Elizabeth Gillies looks so beautiful in this and I’ve fallen in love with so many of her looks (and her characters looks from Dynasty).
I can’t tell y’all how happy I am that 2019 is over. It had me all types of fucked up 🙂 Here are my favorite things of my favorite month of last year. Yes, I am late and writing from the first day of the new year and now I’m writing even later and publishing on the 7th day of the new year (#procrastination).
1.The 52 List Series: This year I am gonig to really try to be an organized person who knows whats important to her and priotitzes those things and people. These books are so asthetically pleasing and fun to use and helpful. I have the planner and the 52 list project book. I’m also a very type A person and enjoy planning things and it makes me feel in control. If you’re like this then you’ll love these books so you can pretend to have control over your life lmao.
2. Lip gloss: I’m having a new renaissance of lip gloss. I like how it makes you look fresh and healthy and alive. The way I’ve been sleeping or not sleeping, I need all the help I can get. My favorites are this one and this one.
3. Packing cubes: Every instagram travel influencer raves about these and like everything else they recommend I usually take it as white noice and ignore it. But as someone who has never done a good job packing I thought it would be worth a try. It is really helpful cause it helps you sort your suitcase like it’s drawers. Also it looks way less stressful than a bunch of clothes that were once carefully folded and is not chaos. My mottos is less chaos 2020. I got these ones cause they were cheapest and came in a pretty light blue.
4. These are so pretty that they are making the transition from christmas decoration to winter decoration.
5. Carne asada: both the party and the meat. I went to Mexico for Christmas break and learned so much about my own culture. I’ve missed out on a lot by living so far from the Mexican side of my family. I had never in my life experienced food that was so rich and whipped up like it was nothing. I was emotional the whole trip learning about my grandparents and discovering the stories of their lives that I never knew. I was emotional at the carne asada listening to my dad and his sister cry and sing mariachi, I was emotional trying the smooth guacamole salsa verde, I was emotional struggling to speak Spanish to my relatives that didn’t speak English and I was emotional sipping my cafe on the patio in the sun while dogs ran about. And now one of my 2020 resolutions is to learn how to cook Mexican food (especially tamales, menudo, posole and tacos). My best friend whose boriqua and I are gonna do Sunday dinner every other week and one week will be Mexican food and the next week will be Puerto Rican food and we will learn both of our cultures cuisine together.
- The cycle of being broke so buying a cheap computer and then the computer breaking and then having it break and then buying another cheap computer and now I’m almost at the ammount of money it would take to buy the computer I actually want new (macbook air)
- January and Feburary. What are the bright sides? Shitty freezing slushymonths with a holiday that is only fun if you’re in love and there’s a lot of us who aren’t. And some of us are starving in these new diets smh.
- Milk going bad so damn quickly. It’s a real rough start to my morning when my coffee is ready but my milk is… rotten.
Halle Berry at the 2000 Emmy’s
I wish I could have this dress and wear or for my birthday brunch
Bella Hadid looking very goddessy. Flowy dresses are underrated.
On my first week off in a whole real while, my best friend came to stay at my house. My nanny family was vacationing in the Dominican Republic and I was ready to have a staycation. I went upstate to visit my family for a day and then Olive came back with me which felt so good cause it was like bringing a piece of my hometown back to my home.
We slept in, we drank excessive amounts of coffee, we watched Yummy Mummys (terrible but entertaining tv) and the Umbrella Academy (good tv) and also I used my prized possession, my blender and made margaritas and we got drunk in my living room. Being young and extra as we are we got dressed up and put on heels and we danced our very uncoordinated hearts out in my living room to salsa that blared from the google home. It was delicious innocent fun. For a moment there we even flirted with the idea of leaving the house but that is not really our style (mi novio, Olive and I have hermit tendencies and we had everything we needed in the house anyway).
It was so much fun and I even danced even though I can not dance and know so very well. I was the perfect level of drunk and I felt good the next morning. When I get drunk I get hyper and then I get sleepy so after we stopped dancing we started watching Yummy Mummies again and I left to change out of my itchy Fashion Nova evening gown into PJ’s and just accidentally stripped down to my underwear and fell asleep in my bed leaving Olivia and mi novio to Yummy Mummies lol. Anyways here are three photos from that night that I love and adore. And I hope you have a three-person party soon. It’s fun, it’s cheap, it’s safe, it’s easy and you can play whatever damn music you’d like. 10/10 would recommend
These are my Oscars best dressed (in no particular order cause making decisions are hard and it is 1:41 AM). The best part of the Oscars to me is the fashion and thinking of all the people it took to make that one person look that good. The Oscar’s are sometimes inspiring and sometimes sickening cause I can’t stop thinking about all the people who have so so much less than these people (including my lovely self who is sipping her cup of noodles as she rights this). But anyways here are some very beautiful people in very beautiful dresses. And I hope we all get raises this week!
I love a 20’s look and she looks like such a goddess.
I love it cause it’s elegant and fun and dramatic all at the same time. Also, I really appreciate how minimal they kept the hair and makeup.
I think this is a really pretty color in her and I love how elegant and sexy this dress is. I’m really obsessed with it and how it looks like she’s wearing a glamorous scarf but she doesn’t actually do have to deal with wearing it and positioning it right. Perfection.
Ruffles were really big this Oscars. I love how sexy this dress is and I love a good fit and flare, though I would have made it a different color.
I am so obsessed with this dress. It is lavender and sparkly and those are two of my favorite things in this world. I want it.
This is one of my favorite colors and the jewelry on this dress is so intricated and delightful. This is such a princess dress and I love. I would have worn a different necklace though.
This is giving me bad ass Carmen Sandiago on a date vibes so obviously I’m a fan.
I love this dress. Again this was a big Oscars for ruffles. Love the gold accenting and the strategic ruffling.
Dualipa in this beautiful dress
I feel like I haven’t seen anything like this and I love how sexy and fun it is.
Megan Markle showing me that I love this color combination which I never would have known had I not seen this outfit. I cropped the prince out cause he’s not my fashion inspiration. Thank u!
I’ve been to Paris before on a French Club trip where we got laughed at by all our french peers for trying to say some French words. It was an unforgettable trip but mainly cause it was awkward and I was mostly friendless. But also cause I saw Elton John and the Arctic Monkeys perform and ate really well. Now I’m an assistant/wedding planner type thing and I still don’t know my place in the world or usually in the room but I’ve gotten myself to Paris and I’m getting paid for it so I guess that’s a win.
The wedding we’re working is much more than a wedding. We are going to be in Paris for 6 days and there are 4 events (dinner parties mostly) and when we’re done here we go to level two, Antigua where we are going to do another 4 events. It’s a lot and I’m very awkward and weirdly shy and nervous and I feel very incompetent. I get really weird around people who are way way many millions richer than me and I almost forget how to be myself. It’s not cute and I’ve tried to be more of a conversationalist and less down on myself during these work trips but I don’t think I’ve made any progress. The ven diagram middle of things I have in common with these people is such a small sliver and I find it hard to talk to them. I’m at least 10 years younger than everyone and I’ve didn’t go to college and this is not my career like it is theirs. I’m trying to breathe and focus on the work at hand and try and make it out alive. My boss is one of the most amazing and intelligent and capable people I’ve ever met so it’s really impressive to watch her work. But for me and all my issues, this is a very stressful trip. I hope to learn from her and be like her in my work life.
I think Paris is so beautiful (don’t we all) and it has this sort of airiness that New York doesn’t have. Maybe my favorite thing about it here is that there are balconies everywhere and having a balcony has always been one of my dreams. There’s breathtaking architecture around every turn. This city clearly lends its self to dreams, especially dreams of grandeur. It’s definitely expensive; the french onion soups we ate for lunch at a place that had a diner-y feel were 15 euro each and our cappuccinos were 8. But in better weather, I would love nothing more than to wander around the city with my novio and have a picnic (i.e some bread, cheese and wine and us scattered on a blanket)
previously mentioned cappuccino & a very fancy hotel
Selena cause she’s a fashion icon and this look is truly wow